Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 03:56:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Hello CSP members! Welcome!!!
Show unread post since last visit. | Show new replies to your posts.

+  Click Start Play Forum
|-+  Lifestyle
| |-+  Pets Wonderland
| | |-+  Betta/Ikan Laga
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Betta/Ikan Laga  (Read 9027 times)
cubex
CUBE
Global Moderator
Awards:
Thank You

Too sweet to be sour too nice to be mean

View Profile WWW
« on: March 12, 2007, 03:27:40 pm »

anybody got keep this fish?

its beautiful

somebody is selling in KL
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/420401/+0&#entry10719074

check it out

Play with fire and you'll get burned.

Takkaraputo popurunga pupirittoparo!!
Wishlist : to see shiVER cosplay as Ankh
maslight
Global Moderator
Awards:
Domo

No ***** was given

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 03:31:19 pm »

wuah pretty..

the normal one not purple color ka?

Visit my blog: http://maslight.blogspot.com
Buy my photos *updated 19 March 2007
Rum
Enforcer
Elite Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 11:21:58 pm »

Betta Splendens...

I've kept crowntails, veiltails and plackards. Never kept the giants as I don't like their look.

The current fashion in competitions are of course the crowntails and their variations, half moon, full moon etc.

I'm old fashioned, I prefer the veils. I also tend to go for the dominants, red and blue... which of course are the less valuable. Turqs are nice too... kept quite a few of those.

The whites, yellows and blacks look so much cooler, but getting the gene spread is much much harder. Plus they're pricey.

If you're interested in them, I recommend checking out http://www.betta4u.com/

I've never bought from them, but I hear they have a good reputation. They tend to have nice pics too!

Rum
Enforcer
Elite Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 11:25:48 pm »

wuah pretty..

the normal one not purple color ka?

Sorry double post.

No, the dominant colour for bettas (cultivated, Splendens as opposed to wild like Albimarginata) would be red. Second most common will be blue. Its more likely that you'll have pure reds and blues than any other colours. The third most likely will be red-blue... the ones tht look purple. Cellophanes, Turquoise, Green, Yellow, Whites, Silvers/Greys, Golds. Blacks etc are much rarer. Dual or tri colours tend to be less valuable, unless the colours are patterned... normally rimming the fins etc.

lee hng
Global Moderator
VVVIP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 11:31:21 pm »

u sure know ur fish! XD

Anti E-M-Os. Anti Liars. Anti P*ssy Whips
Dizzy
Staff
VVIP

So where's the treasures???

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 11:42:59 pm »

i remember when i was young my dad buy these for my and my brother and sister...

and i kill it  Undecided opps  Lips Sealed

but that one in the pic are nice....i never know the tail can like that one...and how does a veil one looks like???
Rum
Enforcer
Elite Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 12:13:07 am »

Julian: LOL... kept them when I was a kid, and when I lived in KL my best friend and I were seriously into pets... at one stage we had something like 2 dozen bettas, dozens of guppie, angel fish, kois, goldfish, black moors, calicoes etc etc... plus hamsters and all. Coming to our apartment was like walking into a mini pet shop Tongue

Dizzy: Veils are the ones whose tails hang down (cept when flaring of course)
Hayumi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 08:14:44 pm »

i have this kind of fishes once. i think it was when i'm in form 2, but the fish is not like the ones in the pic, those are more beautifull, mine just change colour and expend their fins when see other fish. i dont know how much actualy my mom bought, maybe is the cheap ones. we got four. i bought mine to the hostal. as my deco in the room, and as my english oral test. but all four died one by one  . no more pets 
my bro terletak 2 fish in one bowl, fought then die. they say, they watch them fight but didnt do anything  Hit Head On The Wall mine i dont know what happen. i left it at home when i left for form 3. both died when i go home for the holiday. mom said they die. what to do.......

Rum
Enforcer
Elite Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 02:57:44 am »

Betta Splendens are called fighting fish, but veils and crowns are normally just allowed to flare, not to fight.

The basic ones arent that expensive... around rm 2-3 for the fish in KK and in  KL you could get them for as low as rm 3.50 with aquarium etc.
Rum
Enforcer
Elite Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 08:20:37 pm »

I'm told there'll be a mini Betta Show at Gaya Street on the 14th of December 2010 at 7.00 pm. It's being organised by the Betta Borneo Community.

kobyakawa
Elite Member

Death Awaits!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 06:10:20 pm »

lolz this bring back so much memories of my highscool days hahahahahaa i kept one fish it ,stayed with me for 1 year haha and won almost RM50 from fights lolz

"Death may come knocking on our door but before it comes we will be bringing death knocking on the enemy door and let them feel the wrath of DEATH BRINGERS"

Brother Captain Alexander, Death Bringer 1st   Company
Rum
Enforcer
Elite Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 12:04:19 am »

I'm told there'll be a mini Betta Show at Gaya Street on the 14th of December 2010 at 7.00 pm. It's being organised by the Betta Borneo Community.

lolz this bring back so much memories of my highscool days hahahahahaa i kept one fish it ,stayed with me for 1 year haha and won almost RM50 from fights lolz

Somehow I think the Betta Show will be more likely about looks than fighting talent Tongue
kobyakawa
Elite Member

Death Awaits!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 03:23:23 am »

hahaha i doubt hahahahaha terus nanti kena serbu oleh the dbkk lolz

"Death may come knocking on our door but before it comes we will be bringing death knocking on the enemy door and let them feel the wrath of DEATH BRINGERS"

Brother Captain Alexander, Death Bringer 1st   Company
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length